Professional Certificate in Hope Focused Counseling
The Professional Certificate in Hope Focused Counseling distinguishes you certified as fully trained in the Hope Focused Approach to couples counseling. Your desire to further your post-graduate education with in-depth training in the Hope Focused approach will be demonstrated with a certificate in the approach. If you are interested in obtaining continuing education credits along with the certificate, contact our offices for a "package deal."
To qualify, you must:
- Read the textbooks “Hope Focused Marriage Counseling” by Everett L. Worthington, Jr. and "Couple Therapy: A New Hope-Focused Approach" by Ripley and Worthington (order them online or at your local bookstore).
- Read the Hope focused Couples Counseling treatment manual by Ripley, Davis, Quigley & Worthington
- Watch the accompanying video training with lecture and demonstrations of Hope couples counseling
- Pass the Hope certification test, both multiple choice and open ended questions, with 95% pass rate.
- See one couple using the Hope treatment manual (under supervision if needed), submit case intake report, and turn in audio tape or video tape of at least 90 minutes worth of Hope Focused therapy to be reviewed by Hope staff for acceptance.
Total cost for a professional certificate is $119.00 and includes a copy of the Hope Focused Couples Counseling treatment manual (pdf file), access to all video training, tests, and a copy of the evaluation rubric used for evaluation of your report and clinical tape by MMATE Center staff. After passing evaluation, a framable certificate will be mailed to you.
Professional Certificate Registration Insturctions
1. Inform Dr Ripley of your intent to pursue the certificate in the Hope approach by email: email@example.com
2. Send the following to the MMATE Center
- A copy of your state-issued license (psychology, social work, counseling...).
- Your contact information: Name, address, city, zip code, phone number and email address.
- A $119.00 check made out to Ripley Consulting
3. The certificate package with all the information and materials you need will be mailed to you within 2-4 weeks.