Pastoral Certificate in Hope Focused Counseling
The Pastoral Care Certificate in Hope Focused Counseling distinguishes you as certified as fully trained in the Hope Focused Approach to couples counseling. You receive the training you want to improve your pastoral care and receive a certificate to demonstrate your training.
To qualify, a minister/pastor must
- Read the textbooks “Hope Focused Marriage Counseling” by Everett L. Worthington, Jr. and "Couple Therapy: A New Hope-Focused Approach" by Ripley and Worthington (order them online or at your local bookstore).
- Read the Hope focused Couples Counseling treatment manual by Ripley, Davis, Quigley & Worthington
- Watch the accompanying video training with lecture and demonstrations of Hope couples counseling
- Pass the Hope certification test, both multiple choice and open ended questions, with 95% pass rate.
- See one couple using the Hope treatment manual (under supervision if needed), submit case intake report, and turn in audio tape or video tape of at least 90 minutes worth of Hope Focused therapy to be reviewed by Hope staff for acceptance.
Total cost for pastoral certificate is $99.00 and includes a pdf file copy of the Hope treatment manual, access to all video training, tests, and a copy of the evaluation rubric used for evaluation of your report and clinical tape by MMATE Center staff. After passing evaluation, a framable certificate will be mailed to you.
Pastoral Certificate Registration Instructions
1. Inform the MMATE Center of your intent to pursue the certificate in the Hope approach by email: email@example.com
2. Send the following to the MMATE Center:
- A copy of your ordination papers, license for ministry, or diploma from a divinity school or school of theology. Schools must be accredited.
- A description of basic counseling training you have received. This certificate is not designed for lay-leaders or ministers without basic education in general counseling.
- Your contact information: Name, address, city, zip code, phone number and email address.
- A $99.00 check made out to MMATE Center Regent University.
3. The certificate information and materials you need will be mailed to you within 2-4 weeks.